You could conduct a personal inspection on your roof and detect some problems. You could quickly note of apparent signs like a leak that allows water to drip into the building or an asphalt shingle becoming brittle. But there are times that you can’t detect more subtle damages all by yourself. There are hidden spots in the roofing structure that can cause extensive repair when they worsen.
Or maybe there have been recent weather conditions like hailstorms, strong winds, or storms with debris and you’re scared your roof might have suffered some considerable damage.
There are reputable companies who provide free roof inspections performed by professional roof inspectors. This is the best way to determine the condition of the components of your roofing system. They’ll gladly schedule a free roof inspection to check the state of your roof.
In this post, you’ll know the areas covered in a free roof inspection and the benefits you’ll gain.
Benefits of a Free Roof Inspection
Free Roof Inspection services are offered by professionals that are interested in making your roof healthy. They often provide free quotations for minor repairs or replacements needed and work that need to be completed. You invite them to take a closer look at your roof, and they take it up from there.
Building owners derive a variety of benefits from routine roof inspections. As your roofing system suffers deterioration over time, a free roof inspection is the best way to easily spot signs of damage and maintain your roof’s health. Some of these benefits are:
- Routine roof inspections prolong the lifespan of your roof by helping it stay in its best condition.
Allows building owners to discover and deal with issues in the roofing system before they become worse.
- They give detailed reports about the maintenance and inspection process carried out in your building. In the case you need to file an insurance claim in the future, they can provide a clear maintenance history.
- A yearly inspection will ensure that storm damage is identified before the time constraints of most insurance policies. Some insurers will not cover damages that are older than 18 months since it is the owner’s responsibility to report them immediately.
- Inspectors will recommend suggestions on the best type of replacement parts to get.
Areas to be Covered by a Free Roof Inspection
After discovering signs that you might need a professional roof inspector, or if you are already planning on having a new roof installed, you should consider yearly maintenance and inspection programs. These can extend your roof life and prevent further damage.
Some of these maintenance and inspection programs include:
- Checking the condition of all interior and exterior roofing structures provides for your roof materials, vents, metals, and flashings.
- Checking for signs that indicate a part needs repair or replacement.
- Discussing problems that need to be addressed immediately with you. These are problems that may involve cost.
- Fixing small problems that tend to become significant issues.
- Making minor repairs like replacing pipe flashings and cleaning out your valleys.
- Giving free consultation on how you can prolong your roof life.
Roof Inspection shouldn’t just be a one-time process. You should schedule regular roofing inspections to avoid sudden issues in your roofing structure. If your roof is over ten years old, we recommend having an annual roof inspection.
Are you looking for a reputable free roof inspection company to reach? At Gulf States Contractor Services, we provide this and top-notch commercial construction and roofing services. Contact us today, and you’ll be glad you did!